Sunday, April 09, 2006

Return to Blogging World

You'd think since I am taking a course on blogging that maybe I would update this blog frequently. The course is going well; I don't even know why I quit blogging on here.

Why do I turn to blogging again on here? - where I am truly myself and people have read and returned. I remember the trusting friendships I've formed as well as the insight I've been given from blogging. This is a major reason I've returned.

Another reason ~ I've had so many thoughts, emotions, ideas, realizations, going through my mind that I must release them.

What's the latest? Brief update - I hope it's brief.

I LOVE substitute teaching - that's where my heart and soul is. Those kids are the reason I arise in the morning - the reason that I find myself living. When I go to bed at night, I usually have a content smile on my face because I know there have been some lives I've touched that day. I've been placed at this middle school where the kids are from such a different world of gangs, violence, poverty - this is where I feel most needed. Sometimes, my heart breaks with disappointment. Other times, I beam at their success. I try my best to be there for "my kids." It's such a fulfilling job. I'll admit that there have been periods of frustration, but I've learned to embrace every challenge and it's amazing what God will do when you ask Him. I gotta keep smiling and showing that positive attitude, can't let the kids see me frown.

I am still writing, always writing. There are bits of fragments of stories and additions to my novel scattered in my laptop as well as my on-line storage. I've written some poetry as well. Once I polish up the work, maybe I'll post.

As I get closer to this Bachelor's degree in English and Communications, I feel the dimples form on the side of my mouth. I realize that I know the value of four years of hard work. I used to call college - my demanding husband and in the end, college has been that way, but the rewards and the experiences are paying off. I gotta keep spreading that message - it's such an important one.

I am single...after nearly six months of a wonderful relationship that recently ended. I don't know how to tell this story except that I am moving on slowly...The pain is slowly leaking away like the wax of a candle that slowly melts.

Ultimately, the realization has occured that I must focus on everything God gives me and blesses me with - and everything else will come later if it's in His plan. I am so content right now with my life, and I can't wait to start sharing more with all of you readers. It says in Proverbs (I am horrible @ remembering actual scriptures), that God will bless the one who stands upright so I am gonna keep on standing upright not "pridefully" but "proudly" - such an awesome difference.

6 comments:

a faith bigger than fear said...

So good to see you blogging again. I know it can be time consuming when you are going through such life changes as a relationship ending and then to continue your love in teaching and writing and continuing your dedication in obtaining your Bachelor's degree! KUDOS to you! I'll be coming back... Thanks for stopping in and visiting me! ;)

Michelle said...

God will bless the one who stands upright so I am gonna keep on standing upright not "pridefully" but "proudly."

Beautiful. Hope you're well. Love your attitude about all that's going on in your life. And I'm loving that you're taking in stride both the good and bad.

ShoeGirl Corner said...

Hey! There you are! I sent you an e-mail too.

Rose said...

WELCOME BACK. tEACHING IS A GREAT OCCUPATION. OUR KIDS NEED FOLKS IN THE CLASSROOM WHO REALLY WANT TO BE THERE OUT OF GENIUNE LOVE. KEEP WRITING-IT ALSO HELPS TO LESSEN THE PAIN OF LOSING A LOVE.

Stacy-Deanne said...

Glad you're back, Chica! You've missed a lot. At one point I thought you weren't coming back because so many of my blog buddies have bitten the dust. I am not too happy with Blogger these days either. Not only am I too busy to blog lately, I see a big change with more rude people lately. I don't know if they are new or what but it's one reason that I am not dealing with Blogger much these days. I'm glad you're back. I see you moderate your comments now too. I love the new blog look!

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Thank you all for stopping by - feels so great to be back! Feels like coming home!