Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What I Need to Do

What I need to do ...
Take an evening and "just do it, WRITE." I have all these pages and addition in my spiral notebook and my folder just there. I've added so much detail and ideas; I need to just sit down in front of my laptop and write.

When I was taking that 1st CR class, I'd sit down at around 10 p.m. sometimes earlier and "just do it, WRITE!" I'd stay writing until midnight, sometimes three or four a.m. I enjoy writing for long periods of time; I need to do it more often.

Last night, my allergies were getting to me, derepente. I don't know what happened; one minute, I am jamming out to Little Joe. When I say jamming out, I mean JAMMING OUT! Singing along with the radio, leaning my head back, letting out gritos. Nombre! The next minute my eyes are so watery, looks like I've been crying or I'm taking some bad sh*t! I did not feel like doing ANYTHING. I read a little while and went to sleep.

I want to complete this story; I have so many ideas. People (friends) are asking me if I am going to publish this story. I think I want to but I am not sure what category it falls into. It's too adult to be young adult, but then too young to be adult. I don't know man! I guess it's adult. Starts off in high school then they're in college, then they're grown up. Sounds like a life story eh? It is. About all these young Latina girls who go through HELL growing up. Some of them worse than others. In the end, they are successful Latina professionals with one hella story to tell; I'm proud to be the one sharing it. I think this one story I've been working on about Xandra and Alondra is going to be a novel. For real, it would be an interesting and insightful novel for Americans to read. I say Americans because we're all American, verdad? With our different skins and different languages, but we're still American. I'm proud to be American where at least I know I'm free... You know that song? They played it out after 9/11.

I'm going to work on that story. Sabes que? I'm gonna send it out to a few friends; get some opinions, feedback, critiques. I'm actually going to share one of my stories. I am not going to be a selfish stingy b*tch for once.

No comments: