Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lifted Spirits


I am lifted right now. Last night was tough. I had a good cry - I'm only human. AND, I'm a Cancer sign, emotional. Had to let out.


Two wonderful - super GREAT - (did I just overdo w/ it adjectives?) things happened today - God is working. He's anwering my prayers, sending me signs.

1) Great Awesome Thing that Happened Today

This woman came by the office today; I visited with her, being my usual social self. She started telling me how she had battled cancer. If you read my previous post, you'll know I was hating on cancer last night. She talked about her treatments and tests and how the cancer kept coming back. Then, they found some in her lung, and the doctors said it was too advanced - they wouldn't be able to do anything for her. Like a strong Christian, she PRAYED. Weeks later, the final test revealed - no more cancer. Just disappeared - no longer there. She pointed up and said, "You know who was working." Reminded me of that old Spanish hymm ~Solamente la mano de Dios~ Some of you may know this song, it means "only the hand of God." I love this song;

it felt good to be reminded of this song.
~ felt good to be reminded me of God's grace;
~ felt good to be reminded me of God's strength....

I said a silent prayer to God - for my uncle. I like to see people - no matter what background - people who have been through trials and tribulations and turned out alright. It's inspiring, it really is. Reminds me that we may fall, but we get right back up. I try my best to portray this in my writing...

2) Great Awesome Thing that Happened Today

I received a txt message from R!!! He's doing okay; he's in school, taking the necessary courses for his job. Good little boy. Hehehehe! R is far from a good little boy. He's been naughty, gonna make me discipline him next time. Making me worry about him like that! I swear, I LOVE that man so much! He's pushing my buttons here, making me want to throw my arms around him and kiss him next time I see him. Naaaaah, I don't think that will happen; we are in our "comfortable FRIENDS zone." But, I am definitely gonna hug him tightly. I miss him, can't wait till our phone convo. tonight. :)

I'm back to my usual bubbly self, praying and thanking God. He's here surrounding me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elsie,

Glad you got good news. Prayers do get answered.