Monday, September 26, 2005

We Survived Rita But..I'm Still Worrying...

All My Fellow Bloggers:

I'm BACK! Thankful and extremely grateful that I'm back in the office, working. Starting my week off, here getting back on schedule. Y'all know the usual - my 3 jobs - work, school (UHV part-time job), and volunteer work. I have a busy week here. Last week, was CRAZY. I was worried, scared, a total twisted mixture of emotions. I've never been through a hurricane, and when they kept saying she was going to hit, right where I live, nombre, I about lost it.

Took that little vacation because of Rita, but I wouldn't call it a vacation because it was far from it. At least we didn't have 12 hours of traffic like the evacuees in Houston; we were only in traffic for 6 1/2 hours close to 7, trying to hunt down hotels. Finally, we ended up just west of Corpus - further inland. The hotel stay was horrible; the bed felt like plywood. There were drunk people outside, partying like the hurricane is something to celebrate! Playing music full blast, could hardly sleep. THEN, on Thursday night as I watching the news, a sick feeling entering my stomach; I started to worry about R. He works on oil rigs and ships out in the Gulf; I know he was out there working early last week b/c he called me and told me. He txts me early Thursday morning, telling me to evacuate. HE was worried about me! Then, Thursday night as I am watching winds and rain destroy an oil rig in the Gulf...tears are running down my face. I'm tense and worried, talking to a few of my friends through txt messaging, but still worrying. I took my eyes away from the news and all that drama and watched a movie.

I watched some great movies during the flee from Rita; I read some of my friendship/romance story about R and I. I wrote 1500 words in 30 minutes. They just came out of my fingers into the keys of my laptop, fast and quick. I found some therapy in writing as I normally do. Added a whole another scene to that great novel I am gonna publish some day.

I am still worrying a bit about R. I care about him so much. I love him in that unconditional - I don't care how you are - I love you just the same - way. The way I love all my dear friends with their sarcasm, criticism, and short tempers. Despite all the imperfections, I love him. That's how great my love is for him. I've prayed, reminding myself of "prayer and patience." Wondering at the same time where mine was as I drove myself insane with worry.

It would be a lie to say that I am a LOT better now because I'm not. I've called R's cell phone, and all I get is the voicemail. I've calmed my nerves; I am no longer shaking with anxiety.

I'm thankful and grateful that our home is safe, hardly any damage at all; at the same time, I feel bad for the people who have lost their homes, etc. Those people in Louisiana.

I'm BACK; I'm gonna slip back into my routine of work and school and a little fun in between......

1 comment:

Frederick Smith said...

I'm glad you're back. I'm glad you're safe.
fs