Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Wonderful Friends

I do not know about anyone else out there in cyberspace, but I've heard that you only have a "few friends" your whole lifetime. I realized yesterday on my 21st birthday what wonderful friends I have. Both of my wonderful best friends bought me nice gifts. It's not the material things that matter; it's how they went out of their way. One of them drove 100 miles to come celebrate my birthday. He burned me a MP3 CD with Jimmy Edwards (lead in Latin Breed) and Lola Beltran (old Mariachi cantadora). These are old-time singers - not easy to find. I thought that was super sweet of him. The Target gift card was great as well as the picture frame.

My other best friend was creative with photography and decorations. My gift bag was red with a little fairy on the outside with red streamers hanging everywhere. The gifts were great too. Another gift card - this one to Hastings, one of my favorite stores.

My other favorite "friend" showed up to see me and give me a good gift, too - Victoria's Secret gift card. Just seeing him brought a smile to my face.

My soul sista called me to wish me a happy birthday. I swear; I love my friends.

It's the thought that counts.

My family was great as well - had me a nice dinner with carne guisada, rice, beans, yummy garlic potatoes. Mom and Dad brought me pretty pink baloons and flowers. My boss had flowers delivered. I had a happy birthday.

Elsie

No comments: