Friday, July 15, 2005

Revise Purpose of My Blog

The title: That says it all. I probably will not post any writings on here, maybe tell you a little bit about what I'm writing, but stories/poems - ask for them and I might let you see. Damn, don't I sound a little sarcastic and mean there? I don't want to "write" anything I might try to publish since I'm already "publishing" by placing these words here. Oh by the way, this is just "free-write." I writing on here the way I talk in my casual speech. Like around my friends and all. I wouldn't write on here like I do when I'm giving a presentation or talking to my boss. It's just "free-write." I like that; kinda like free expression. No one is gonna say "Man, you talk ghetto sometimes." Or "You forgot a comma, you talk in run-on sentences. You talk in fragments." Go ahead and say that; I don't care. This is casual speech.

I'll say what's happening in mi vida loca and how I react. I'll express myself, that's what blogs are for right?

I'm sitting here at the office, watching the rain, and thinking about my grammar assignment. I hate grammar; it's my worst enemy. I can do it and just when I think I'm doing well, I gotta forget a comma or place the slanted line in the wrong direction on the sentence diagram. I'm studying Rhetoric right now, so I like it. I noticed I already have these "writing skills." They are already part of my writing habits, just didn't have a name for them.

I don't want to sound over-confident here but when I write, like seriously writing. The words fall into place; I got that cohesion flowing. I write poetry with "natural parallelism." I love poetry. I love reading it and writing it. I don't know why I don't specialize in it while working on my MFA. I like fiction way better. I love to tell a story. When talking about my writing, I say this sometimes "I give voice to the voiceless." Ok those are exactly my WORDS, but Elena Ponitiawska - I know I butchered her last name - she said that. She's a popular Mexican writer and she tells some wonderful insightful stories. Here are MY words: I give sound to the silent with my words.

Ok, that's a reason I write stories.

Mirame, I already got off topic here. I was supposed to be talking about the purpose of my blog and of course I get side-tracked. That's me....

No comments: