Monday, November 21, 2005

New Boots~New Season~New Decision~New Love


Hi Bloggers: Elsie's still alive. Y'all already know how busy my life has been. Every day is different; I am loving life, embracing it and holding it closer to me. Finally, feels like winter here in Texas. The air is crisp; the sun is warm. ~When it's cold outside, who are you holding?~ K-Ci & Jojo. I have someone holding me; he's wonderful.

I am wearing these fabolous boots, strutting down the hallways of different schools. I've did different ages and different social classes. Schools where Lexuses and BMW's drive up to pick up the children, and we talk on Walkie Talkies. Schools where the kids are walking home - some long distances.
All different kinds. The junior high kids are hugging me, looking up to me. I am grinning widely, feeling my influence when I hear them say "Ms. C is Mexican, and she goes to college; she doesn't think we're "bad" kids." Nope, I don't make pre-judgemenets. What for?

My new decision...I've delayed graduation. That one course I need is being offered, 100 miles away on a Friday which means I'd have to lose a whole day of work, drive up there. blah blah. I talked it over with my mom; she's understanding - keeps reminding me to stay dedicated to myself and my education. Change is amazing, verdad? She doesn't like all the expenses associated with college though, who does? Why doesn't the government just see that I want to college "apparently" I've been dedicated - this is my fourth year. Nah, I gotta learn to work for everything I have like my daddy taught me. Delaying graduation until the summer when that course is being offered here, allows me to more time for a number of reasons.
~More Time to Be with the Kids - Watch the 8th graders go to high school
~Do LEAD
~Complete My Novel ~ only 20,000 more words to go ~ I am submitting this to grad school as well as a publisher
~Time to get a Minor in Communications so I can expand my career options
I have this dream to work for a magazine or a newspaper. One of my career ideas.

I am looking @ the positive here. Nope, the new man in my life is not a reason. He reminded me to do for myself as I've been doing; he does not want to change who I am. Let me embrace him closer to me, mi corazon, for just being who he is.

Let me also remind you that my other blogs are also updated - been updated. So, while you're here - stop by and take a read of some of my poetry.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsie,

I'm not really digging the boots. I like the style, pointy toe and all but I guess that's the style out in Tejas. Not here in NJ, but different taste for different people right.

Congrats on your new man. You guys make a nice couple.
Michelle

SuzLue said...

Hey Elsie,

The boots are cute! I'm digging them! I love boots, they make me have a different attitude when I'm walking down the street. Sort of a strut rather than a walk. Have fun with them!!! And yes, you guys really make a cute couple!

Priscilla said...

Hola chica,
Yeah, those boots are hot! Where did you get them? I have not seen anything like that out here. Thanks again for reading my paper! Oh, and you and your guy are so sweet together!

Karla said...

Awww que cute! I agree you guys are cute together. Yay for being busy and having a good time while you do it.

Brea said...

Glad to hear things are going so well for you!!

Frederick Smith said...

It's been a while since I visited, but I'm glad to read that you're doing well... and so darn happy with things now. That's cool. Talk soon!
fs

Michelle said...

Just checking in on you. You sound so happy and look even happier with that new man! :0) Keep embracing love and life and keep influencing young minds. BTW, I've worked for both magazines and newspapers -- with your writing skills, you shouldn't have a problem getting your foot in the door. I have a great Latino newspaper contact for you when you're ready!

God bless, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

those are some cute shoes!!

Priscilla said...

Would have never guessed you got your shoes at Payless...I need to start shopping there! I've been paying a little too much on my shoes...but at least I wait until they are on sale! Are you running out of places to put your shoes? I am...I'm gonna have to start putting them in the kitchen cabinets soon..LOL!

Michelle said...

That new man must have you on lockdown! I miss your posting. Hope all is well. Feliz Navidad!