Thursday, August 18, 2005

Colors - Favorite Colors - Lots of Thoughts!!!

I've been thinking about colors today. I love colors, especially bright colors. Just to let y'all know, my favorite color is red. I absolutely LOVE red; I think it fits my personality well - vibrant, energetic, fiery (is that a word?), full of life. Red is my favorite color to wear because I like the way it lights up my whole face. What are your favorite colors?

I also like blue - different shades of blue. Right now, I've been stuck on wearing this turquoise like shade of blue because my mama bought me this beautiful turqoise 9 West tote-bag for my birthday. I bought this silver necklace @ Dillard's the other day. It's silver, double-stranded, and has a sparkle effect. It has an irridescent blue shell over a silver emblem. I love the way it reflects different colors like pink, ivory, and of course, BLUE! I like irridescence because to me, it represents all different colors of people and their personalities.

Pink has been hott since last Spring. I'm a fashion addict; I used to work retail, and we had to keep up with what was the latest in style and show this to the customers. Wear examples of fashoinable attire and jewelry. I like the pastel color pink. I have matching pink accessories for my pink outfits. I find it hard to find this pastel color pink because all the stores are promoting that bright screaming fuschia. I don't think it looks good on me; I'll stick with pastel pink.

I also like orange because of course, it's bright. I can't find much of orange, red either. I have one orange sleeveless top. Chula is the brand. I did not buy this shirt because of the brand name, "Chula." I bought it because of the bright color. I make this comment because I wear all kinds of clothes by all kinds of designers. My favorite is Ralph Lauren. Back to the orange top, I love the style of it. It's gathered in the middle all the way down. It also has a collar. I spent like $30 bucks on this top; it was regular priced @ $78! (sorry i'm a bargain shopper- had to brag) I hardly ever spend this much on a top, but I loved it. I kept watching it at the store until it got marked down to the lowest it would go, then it was mine. I clutched the silky material against me and felt the softness. Then, when I slipped it on. wow, talk about some comfort!! That top is a little snug on my lonjita (u know that little tummy that pooches out over the waist of my jeans) NOW! Since I gained this extra weight, the shirt crawls up sometimes and if I don't wear the right kind of pants, I'll be exposed. I don't like to expose my body; I wasn't brought up that way. I don't think if I had a slimmer body, I would wear little spaghetti string tops by themselves. I'm modest in some ways. Last time, I wore that orange Chula top was when the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta was going on at the Dome back in May.

I had originally worn some khaki pants with my brown belt that has orange red loops, the orange shirt was worn underneath my matching khaki blazer. I also wore my silver mother of pearl necklace. My hair was curled up in a ponytail. I walked around work that day, all happy and bubbly (as usual). Everyone told me that orange was my color - it looked "good on me." With my skin tone. Well, I start working and bending down to pick up merchandise off the floor. I'm flexible when I'm in shape. Well I keep working...then I go to the restroom. I find that from all that banding and stretching, my pants have split! Yes, and they weren't even tight! I was so embarassed. Thank goodness it had happened right before I got off work. My mom sends me some jeans, my comfortable worn out and stretched out with Lyrca hip hugger jeans. My mom's super great!

I slip into these faded indigo jeans in an empty parking lot. LOL! I'm crazy like that. I didn't have time to stop at a friend's and change. I put on my comfortable leather sandals which are great for dancing and walking, ANYTHING! I pull the belt through the loops. I'm feelign real comfortable. I arrive at the Dome for the fun-fun Fiesta. Stuffing my cell phone, keys, and coin purse into my pockets, I feel my jeans start to slip down a little. I pull 'em up. Well, the whole night they kept slipping down. I'm wearing IVORY colored bikini panties, and they're showing with each slide of my jeans. Just a little bit, but they're still showing. I volunteered for awhile at this Coke booth for one of the organizations I'm involved with, and it wasn't so bad.

Well, it's a Fiesta and there's music playing. Loud Tejano music. Once I'm through volunteering, what do you think I'm doing? Eating a juicy beefy fajita taco with cilantro and hot sauce. Then...my best friend and dancing partner shows up. We start to dance. The Tejano band is a local one, a group of gray haired men with loud voices and drums off-beat, but HEY it's still a band. Music is playing. I know the songs; I know the beats. We're dancing so fast, he's spinning me around quickly and I didn't know I could dance so well on pavement lol! Well, the jeans are sliding; I'm exposed. Dancing so much and having so much fun, I don't care to notice. My brother is standing there with his wife, pointing and laughing at me. I pull them up and keep dancing. We're the only ones dancing; people are watching us like we're during a performance for them. He catches me at the right moments and we twirl in "sync" with one another. It was balance, that soul connection we share. I learned after that...I can't wear my orange top with hip huggers. I can't believe I just shared that; I laughed it off like I normally do. Hehehehehe.

I have another funny experience about colors. I read this book to my little nephews once about colors. I don't remember the title. What I do remember is how it was all about colors and how colors blend to form new colors. Well it's describing how people make LOVE to make colors. How these combine and like fireworks shooting up into the sky, there are new colors bursting forward. After that, they kept teasing how making love is like making colors.

I could go on and on and ON about colors, but who has time to read this? Who cares?

One last thing to mention about colors. There are no colors in love. We love people for who they are, not what color they are. We can love someone because of their attitude, character, etc. Or some characteristics they have that MAY be related to the color of their skin, but this should not be the reason we love people. The best example I can use is how much I love my soul sista. She has so much soul in her that it's vibrated to me over the years. I don't think this has anything to do with her race, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't? She's incredibly honest and incredibly loyal as a friend. We both fantasize about Lloyd Banks and making love to the soothing tones of Barry White, Luther Vandross, and Marvin Gaye. You know what though? My white crazy friend is like that too, so you see, it's not a racial thing. It's what we have in common and what is different that draws us together. My soul sista likes her men with some meat on their bones, some education, and "someone who ain't in jail like most of the brothas in Edna." What I love about my soul sista is how we both love to shop and we love them bright colors, we like to be noticed! I also love how determined and dedicated she is at whatever she does. She has set her standards up high in regards to a man and she won't alter them. I admire that, because sometimes I make exceptions on my standards, why not? I love how she calls me "sista." It's a bonding between us. Some people trip out on me when I mention I love African-American people; hell, I love all kinds of people. Terry McMillian is one of my favorite authors; and I love Soul Food as much as I love HBO Latino! Love has no colors!!! Can I make my point clearer?

4 comments:

Karla said...

Oh i like that story...I love it!

Karla said...

ooh i forgot Yellow is my favorite color.

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments. As soon as I get a chance, I'll fill out those questions. (I'm working today, actually working lol)

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Groove: The colors I wear do affect my mind. Lately, I've been wearing blue so I can feel cool and chilled out (I gotta agree with Daahsar and Shelley; it's a cool color.)
Thanks Karla! Yellow is such a beautiful bright color; I am not bold enough to wear it though!

Normies: I love VS! I have a red set from there.