Friday, August 19, 2005

Groove Tagged Me!

I was tagged again! Here it goes!

What were you doing 5yrs ago?
- I was a junior in high school (yes i am that young) about forty pounds heavier. I was a dork back then, plain jane. Jeans with polo shirts. Long hair parted in the middle. Cruizing around with my best friend RKF and learning about growing up and who we were. Starting to grow, change, evolve, and think I knew who I was. Looking back, I've realized that I've changed; that's part of life, we're always changing.


I was sweet sixteen, one of the most difficult years of my life because I got sick from my liver, a test of my faith in God. I spent the whole entire season of Fall in and out of the doctor's office. I got used to blood tests and needles bruising my arms. I remember I was also diagnosed with arthritis in my knees. A rare form of juvenile arthritis that weakened my knees. I had to stop riding my bike down the road because of the burning sensation in my legs. I took Celebrex which only impacted my stomach and made me sicker. I remember the doctor said I needed to lose weight and I didn't listen. The stubborn girl I was! Five years ago was a difficult time for me, but like the strong Christian I am, I left my problems up to God.

Yesterday?
I was working and blogging, reading, posting to yahoo groups. Had a nice lunch with my mom, yummy salad @ Golden Corral and some ice cream topped with Oreos. I spent the afternoon setting up new insurance policies, helping my boss out, and car-shopping. I want a car; I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I spent the evening with my mom, doing what we do best together. SHOPPING. We went to JcPenney and spent a couple of hours there; I got some awesome deals. I still fit in size 16 :D. They are so comfortable. It's funny but it was almost like I got "school clothes" since I start my senior year in college next Monday. I got some dark blue capris, a red skirt with a ruffle at the bottom, some red shorts, and black pinstripe capri pants.
We ate @ Taco Bell, had a crunchy gordita. Rasberry iced tea. Went home and visited with my two sisters. Nice day. Talked on the phone till midnight with one of my good friends. I love conversation....

5 snacks I enjoy?
popcorn with M&Ms, (saltness and sweetness @ the same time) green or rasberry or Chai tea, strawberries & grapes, hot dogs (for some reason these are great to pick up @ convenience stores), pan dulce (sweet bread), and chips w/ salsa (my favorite past-time with iced water and sliced limes).

5 songs I know all the words to?
1) Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye
2) Last Night by Az yet
3) Quien Me Llevan Canciones by Mazz
4) If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys
5) Entre Mar y Una Estrella by Thalia

5 things I'd do with a million dollars?
1) open my dream business which is a book store/music store and photography studio, and coffee shop that will feature all genres of literature and music, and give clientele the opportunity to have family portraits etc at affordable prices with digital graphics,
2) buy my daddy and family a longhorn ranch
3) buy a Lincoln Navigator truck
4) set up a scholarship fund for students who are wish to pursue careers in the Arts; at the same time, I want to donate money to organizations that promote education
5) invest the rest

5 bad habits I have?
1) procrastination - I hate deadlines!
2) talking/laughing too loud in public
3) shopping
4) speeding on Hwy 59
5) being attracted to losers and thinking they're break their own bad habits and be attracted to me, lol

5 favorite TV shows?
1) Midnight Love on BET - rocks me into a warm slumber
2) Def Comedy Jam on BET - is it still called that? (haven't watched in awhile)
3) Soul Food
4) Strong Medicine
5) That's it...don't watch much TV!

5 biggest joys of the moment?
1) my family and friends, (my friends are like my family - I'll never go lonely)
2) my health
3) my excitement of every new day
4) my energy
5) my LIFE
5 favorite toys?
1) laptop
2) cell phone - lost w/o it
3) my make-up case (love to paint myself up como una mona - like a doll)
4) my hot air brush/blow dryer
5) my eyeglasses - can't read w/o 'em!

Ok, that's it for now and I tag MIA!

No comments: