Thursday, August 03, 2006

Pulling Back the Curtains

Uncovering the skin
Revealing my identity
Blowing away the ashes

Surrounding me with hope
pulling back the curtains
I emerge
as my "own two feet" carry me forward

with elegance
with beauty
with confidence...

Pen grasped in hand
Fingers ready to type
I share

Glancing in the mirror
Seeing my face
But hearing
the music of stories
twirling

No more looking back


the chapters of my life


move forward
the pages turn...

No stopping me now
I have the baton
in this race of life
I will not stop
I will continue.


Gazing forward
with hope
goals to achieve
A SMILE. :)

6 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Beautiful words and beautiful pictures. I'll have to check out your photo link to see more. Peace to you and enjoy your weekend!

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Thank you for coming by Stephen!

Rose said...

That is so beautiful Ms. Poet. I really enjoyed reading this.

Rose said...

By the way your pictures are beautiful.

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Thank you Rose. T'Bou - congrats on the new baby - i'll check it out!!

a faith bigger than fear said...

All these pictures say nothing but "wonderful woman" and Strong!

Great pictures and great poem!