Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Long "short story" or Short Novel is Complete!

Okay people. I finished that story last Friday. You know the 78 page story it took me a month to write. I am amazed at my capabilities. I really don't know what I do until I try eh? I deleted the post "I See It Now" because first of all, unless someone has a lot of time on their hands, they're not going to read it. Secondly, it's the ending, who wants to read the ending of a story? Who wants to read a story backwards? Who's backwards like that? LOL, I can admit that I've read the sequel before the prequel but on a short story, I think that's a No-No! Ruins the building up of the suspense. You see something all tied together into a lovely, satin, bow and you don't know how it got like that. Nah, I had to delete it.

Lastly and most importantly, if anyone wants to read the completed, well-polished, final copy, they can contact me via e-mail or comment on here, ok? I'm a nice person; I usually reply to e-mails immediately. Usually that night or a day or so later. I like to see someone's name I know in my inbox other than "so and so @yahoo groups.com" or "you can now view your credit card bill." Y'all know what I mean? And, I absolutely love comments on my writing. Shoot, I don't care if you tell me my writing sucks, you don't have to read it. I don't care what you tell me about my writing; I want to know. Just a little feedback you know. It may stay in mind and get comfortable on the plush cushions of my brain or rush through like a whirlwind and leave. It's all how I take it. Yeah, I'm a sensitive Water sign, but hell it won't drive me to tears.

Here is a synopsis of that story I wrote in a month. This is my first try at a synopsis so forgive me, if I'm getting carried away. I don't even know if I'm spelling synopsis right, so let me laugh at myself, real loud before you do. You know, if I'm spelling it wrong.

Xandra Rodriguez and Alondra Fernandez meet on the first day of college and begin to share a close-knit friendship because of the similarities and differences in their personalities that create a sense of balance between them. Xandra comes from a small sheltered country town in Texas with high school experiences of a broken-heart and social problems, with a bright cheerful attitude, and with a determination and commitment to suceed in college. Alondra comes from a fairly larger city with a bitter heart toward her father because of divorce, with experiences of social unity in her loyal friendships, with a negative attitude about college, and a strong backbone of leadership. Together they help one another as they progress through their first two years of college with lessons in family and romantic relationships. Alondra has been the heroine in her past, giving a lending hand to her friends. Her attitude changes as the story progress and her rebellion ceases. She grows height in maturity as she learns each lesson. Xandra becomes the heroine with her wise advice and guidance to Alondra, also becoming an attractive woman with a full figure and a brain. Characterization plays an important role in this story because both girls change and evolve as the story progresses. Two young Mexican-Americans who begin college as girls and become independent women at the story's closing.

That's the story...I didn't want to ruin it. I wrote a teaser. I realize that now; I wrote a teaser. I did not say what happened. Oh well, I'll write a "synopsis" later. I didn't want to ruin it for you, the reader.

Let me tell you, there is so much more I can add to this story. Like highlight the family struggles that Xandra goes through or how Alondra looks up to her mother as a role model. I'd also like to highlight and expand the wonderful romance that emerges from Anthony and Xandra's friendship. I still have time. Let me tell you that romance story is another story, I'm working on. Now with that, inspiration comes and when it comes, I write. I release so much emotion and feeling when I write about that romance. I also have so many examples of friendship and then those incidents where friends seem more. Ahh...my next story; I'm already ready to complete it! I swear if I didn't write, who would I be? I'd be a boring person without this fulfillment of writing!

No comments: