Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Soul Connections


This has been on my mind all day, literally. Along with several other thoughts I was ready to spill out here, I dump them like loads of milk splashing over cereal. I don't know where that simile came from, but I love cereal. No, the post is not about cereal. There I go, starting off on the wrong foot. Okay, let me slip and fall right quick. Hehehe!

Soul Connections? I've talked with my friends about soul mates. How we can have several soul mates. I used to think that soul mates were just "romantic" soul mates, but I've realized that they are not "limited" to that category. I swear, my closest, most closest friends are my soul mates. It's surprising how we can call each other and just know something is wrong. Y'all know who y'all are. No need to mention names. Or we can look at each other and not even say a word. "Read" each other. Know what the other is thinking. I love my friends; I really do. I'm always ready to make a new one as well and just see how we "connect." Having these wonderful friendships in my life completes me as a person.:) One thing about friendships, there is emotional baggage but not so much that it interferes with a conversation. It's not like we can get angry at a friend for sleeping with someone else like we would a significant other. No jealous stares or angry shouts. Know what I mean?

I would not mind having more friends. Maybe, a Gemini who likes to talk a lot; someone who will keep up his end of the conversation. Or a Taurus who has those lovely possessive and caring traits. Someone is probably thinking "she likes possessive traits? Is she out of her mind?" No, I like possessive in a caring way; I like to be caring and soothing toward my friends. I also like to BE cared for. Not so much that it threatens my independence. But you know, one of my best friends, knows when I'm feeling down or something has upset me. He'll give me a hug or buy me something just to cheer me up. Like Easter weekend when Juan and I broke up, Monday morning my friend brings me a giant red M & M that is clutching a bag of M & M's; I think there was something else (don't remember.) I remember the M & M because she's standing inside my long rectangular containter of ivies with ivies strapped around her ankles. She's always smiling at me as I enter my bedroom, right there on the pine wooden book shelf that is next to my cherry wood desk. Ready to greet me and remind me of the wonderful friend I have. Then, my other best friend, (Yeah I have several), he bought me some Swavorski Crystal earrings. Pretty little studs because I like wearing studs in my 2nd holes of my ears. I was like "awww how sweet!" That was Valentine's Day. I wear those crystals more than my 1/2 carot diamond earrings! I gave this astrology book on soul mates to one of my best friends. I give him all my astrology stuff because Mama will throw it away if I keep it in the house. He's reading it now and the Little Giant Encyclopedia of the Zodiac. I think I spelled encyclopedia wrong, but oh well. Shoot me if I did. I feel touched when he calls me and tells me how he's enjoying the book. I feel glad that hey he's got a reminder of my friendship. Y'all know what I'm saying? It's the thought that counts in gift-giving, not the price.

It's strange how just the other day I was thinking about one of my good friends and sure enough, he calls me! I'm all surprised to hear his voice, but vibrating happiness. Like when I hang out with one of my best friends, we laugh at the same things, we even think the same things. Soul connection. That's all I can say. What surprises me in regards to my spiritual being is how I dream something/someone and then it happens. It's strange, but I've got a strong intuition and with certan people like my friends, I feel their energy, I feel their pain.

I just went outside and man, I love Texas! The wind is blowing some. Really! It's not that hot at all. The sun is going down and it's still bright enough to be outside. Gardening. One of my favorite past-times next to writing. I think I will go outside and work on my plants. Enjoy this beauty of nature! Enjoy being alive! Not because I am alone but because I am ALIVE. That's a line from one of my poems. I take joy in being alove; I'm one of the happiest people you will meet. I radiate positive energy and trust me, it will rub off on me. You know like with my soul mates, we'll laugh at the same time and not have to say a word.

Anyone relate?

1 comment:

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Hey Daahsar! Yes, I like the way you write that, how we are all connected at different degrees. I strongly believe as well that God is the one who leads us in life. I believe that he leads us to other people who becomes our friends then our lovers or remain our friends. You're a great writer!