Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Watching the Sunset


I am sitting outside right now, watching the sunset. I think this has been the most popular photographed image ever! I took that photo by the way. Last year sometime when I took that digital photography course. It's so relaxing to sit here outside on the concrete picnic table and watch the purple fall slowly over the warm pinks and golds. It's such vibrancy, such beauty. I want to watch the sun rise one of these days. Watch Dawn as she makes her way and starts the day, bringing forth only the beauty of light. The tall grass is tickling my feet right now and there's a plane somewhere in the sky, making noise. Traffic is still; the wind is caressing the back of my shoulders. I'm hearing a soft techno tune in the background. This is relaxing. Reasons why I love life. I hear cicadas somewhere, you know those buzzing sounds from those insects that hide in the trees. I've never seen one before but I never fail to recognize the sound. It's unmistakable and unique; the sound of the cicadas. I hope I am spelling it right. I rely on Word too much to correct my spelling errors.

I had to share about this beautiful image and this relaxing feeling. How I love now that now I can stop, smell the red roses in my front yard. Enjoy the moment before school starts next week. I get extremely busy during the school year. I am reading several books in one month, in such a rush, I can't even enjoy it. I love school; this is my senior year and I'm going to enjoy it. You know, three years ago I wouldn't have thought I'd be where I am today. A senior in college, more than halfway completed with my Bachelor's degree. I used to have some insecurity. I placed my life in God's hands and told I'm yours, guide me, show me, strengthen me. And, He has. I can't think God enough for all that he has done for me in my life. He's everywhere like Sandra Cisneros said in Caramelo. I know it...
He's lurking in the shadows;
He's right beside you when you fall;
He's the wind that blows against you;
He's the rain that falls on your face on a sunny day;
He's the force that drives you...

I used to be a devoted church volunteer and church-goer. I still go to church; I don't volunteer as much. I feel that by believing in God you dont have to go advertising it to world. You show it through your life. Actions speak far louder than words..
You know what I mean?

1 comment:

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Thank you, Shelley. I've been told that recently by some of the sucias; I'm an "old wise soul." ;) Yes, we can see God. I feel him every day when I open my eyes in the morning and take my first breath.