Sunday, August 28, 2005

I Want It to Shine

I Want It to Shine

I am thinking about this short story I wrote. Y’all know the last one I told y’all about. It’s all posted under the title: “Short Story Is Complete.” That’s the blog link, well the title of the blog entry it is posted under. Something like that. Well, I worked on it some more today. I am adding to it. I want it to sound more like a novel, extend in that direction like a shooting star that soars in the sky in another direction.

This is what I want for my story. I want it to shine up there. I want to publish it. Spread that message. Give some entertainment. This is important to me because I feel that is my purpose in my life. This is why God put me here – to tell stories. There’s something about writing that really does excite me. I am always thinking about it.

When I am not writing, I’m thinking about it. Daydreaming. This is a trait of writers. We can sit and daydream, stare at a blank screen for minutes. The minutes can turn into hours and there we go, three hours of staring off into space and here we have it: a full page typed. I know there has to be some writers out there that can relate. Right?

Then there are those times that the energy just surges through my veins at a quick speed like lightning. . And, I must. I must release the words onto paper or into a Word document. This happened the other day at work. I heard an ambulance shriek by and a flood of memories drowned me. I started writing more to a dark and dreary death scene. Then for some reason, my thoughts shifted over to romance. Romance started to simmer under my veins, reminding me of Love’s warmth and joy. So, there I had to write more romance. The scene was just there in my mind, ready for me to describe in infinte details. Most importantly, I remembered the joy associated with love. . The emotions. So I return to being that emotional writer as I shift form description to emotions. It’s fun: I think it creates a sense of balance.

No comments: